22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings

Go down

I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings  Empty I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings

Post by Colonel Scoutie Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:03 am

June 6th 1944
EASY RED SECTOR
Event date: 20th April 2013 (Adolf Hitlers Birthday)

The objective is to get up the beach as fast as possible taking as little casualties as possible, Easy Red needs to be a quick and fast process, once you make it to the shingle get down keeping a ten meter spread from your comrades at all times staying as still as possible by the "Sandy" breach until further orders are given by higher command, the "Sandy" breach is the area of the shingle that is sand, this is where the engineer will get the Bangalores in place to blow a breach into enemy lines.

I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings  Omaha_beach_easy_red
The Diagram shows where Easy Red Sector is located, We will be invading from the East of Easy Red Sector this is F16 making a move towards 16(Part) which is where the "Sandy" breach is located

Once past "Sandy" breach there is a series of obstacle's that can be crawled under that are designed to slow us down so MG's can get a clear shot, Easy Red is historically known for its lack of Armour support due to the Germans using Easy Red as an area of large concentration for Artillery just like Pointe du Hoc which were used to take out all the Armour Landing Ships. But luckily Easy Red is not well known for its Heavy MG emplacements but still packs a large punch to infantry.

I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings  Easyredaerial1
From this aerial view you will see that when the beach is clear the inland is nothing but hedgerows and no urban cover can be used until the villages south of the area are breached

Good luck.

I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings  Lcvp_omaha-beach_6june44
THIRTY SECONDS!

I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings  Omaha-beach
GO GO GO!

I44 D-DAY Event, June 6th 1944 Omaha Landings  Omaha
RUN AND GET TO THAT SHINGLE, DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU REACH THE SHINGLE!

Colonel Scoutie
Colonel Scoutie
Admin

https://22nd.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down